Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco – Komatsu.

Garrie Denny ยท 2014-05-05 02:31

Can someone tell me if these excavators come from the same manufacturer with a different name or are they total different manufacture ? I know both are very good machines and seem to get the least amount of queries for trouble questions on H/E. Thanks.

Replies7
  1. #1lantraxco2014-05-05 02:54

    As far as I know completely separate, Kobelco is part of Kobe Steel Group, which is about the same size as Komatsu Ltd, they both build a lot more than just construction equipment.

  2. #2JGibson2014-05-05 10:55

    Completley different companies and machines. Its like cat and deere

  3. #3Dickjr.2014-05-05 20:13

    Is Kobelco , Case and Sumitomo the same or different. I had a Case CX 250 last fall that was a Sumitomo, it worked great until the dash had a code appear then it went limp. Kill it and restart it was good , sometimes this happened 4 to 5 times an hour. I called the dealer and they said to just keep shutting it off when this happened. The code indicated fuel filters. I wish they had just changed the filters.

  4. #4mitch5042014-05-05 21:02

    Case and (I think) Link-belt are made by Sumitomo. Kobelco is not, Kobelco used to make large New Holland hoes. I saw an ad for a big New Holland hoe in a magazine this month, I wonder who makes them now that Kobelco and NH got divorced.

  5. #5Garrie Denny2014-05-07 01:44

    Thanks to everyone who replied, I am looking at a used Komatsu,you input has been very helpful.

  6. #6oldtom2014-05-07 23:44

    mitch504 anser case jicase intern =NewHolland =Iveco =fiat excavators mabe by sumitomo

  7. #7Dickjr.2014-05-08 20:20

    Garrie Denny , if I were putting money into an excavator most likely it would be a Komatsu. I have ran Deere , Cat , Case , Sumitomo and I like the speed and power of the Komatsu as well that being said price persuades me to look at any and all brands. If you find any other in your price or below by all means jump on it. I did have a bad experience with the Case , it was a Tier 4 machine and kept going into limp mode , several times hourly.