we are proud. on the whole, Kobelco is a good product. it is reliable & productive. i am proud, for i look forward to getting up and travelling 1-1/4 hours to get to work each day. Apparently my average 14 hour day, self-inflected on call 24/7, i have been told is hinging on me being classed as a work-a-holic? i say not! i enjoy my job. do you enjoy owning/operating your Kobelco? most operators that i know live in their machines, usually somewhere around 10 hours a day, 5 - 6 days a week. please have included your model and serial number. i would appreciate a blurb from you on why you would recommend your Kobelco to another,...or if not why? cheers!
Hey Mr Kobelco. Your knowledge and willingness to share it are very much appreciated by us Kobelco owners. I hope if I have a problem that I can't solve, you are around for advice. I have a 907MKII that is my main excavator and has been for years now. It has enough electronics in it to be very functional, but still simple enough to be reliable. It is fast and strong and well balanced and everything still works on it. It has served me well and although getting along in years now, it still amazes me how willing to work it is. If I replace it it will be with another Kobelco although some of the more electronic features of the new models seem to be a lot less fixable in the field by owners. In Australia Kobelco has always suffered from changing dealers every few years and would have probably had a much larger market share here if they had had the same dealer from day one with a good business strategy. Although these days there seems to be less point of difference between brands of excavator and pretty much every machine on the market now will give at least a few thousand hours of good service, there seems to be a certain "class" that Kobelco has that would make me prefer Kobelco over other brands. I would have upgraded mine sooner, but it just keeps doing the job. Baz
I dont own it, But I've been living inside this Kobelco ED150 Bladerunner equipped with a hydraulic thumb for the last 4 months and I love every minute of it! No downtime (yet) and works effortlessly. Only complaint is that it does run hot when dozing over 100 ft. and traveling back and forth.
jdmgrading, how does the blade work on that bladerunner? I'v heard some good things but am a little skeptical.
We have a 70SR its a YT01 machine, 4000 hrs and going strong. Its a tough little machine, fast and pretty smooth. I havent run many machines in the 8 ton class but from what I gather it will outlift most. I would really like to get an ED150 or a 160. I wish the hoe was a bit larger on the ED150, but having the blade would be worth it.
I have a SK200 Mark IV with 6,400 hrs. No major problems. Changed a leaking front crank seal. I see that it is leaking again. So that will be work for the winter. It is not a fast machine, but has alot of power.
Heres a pic of my 70SR, she needs a bath. Check out my seat cover...
anyone know why some are yellow and some blue? Made in different factories?
the 70sr aqua/blue short radius machines were the first to hit our market. sk70sr, ser# YT00-~ were aqua overseas they are that colour. sometimes a new replacement part comes in with that colour. fiat-kobelco
ok thanks for the reply. I had just never seen a yellow one in person
My nephew and I purchased a 2008 SK210 in 2008 with 180 hrs on it. It came with a new machine warranty. Since we have had it, it will shut down when it is first started due to low oil pressure. The dealer has changed crankshaft sensor, oil pump pick up tube, oil pump and changed hoses. The dealer is now out of business and we are stuck with it. I don't think we can sell it for much since that message will flash when it is started in the morning. This is the first time I have purchased a machine this new and I am very disappointed.
hi cet100, please e-mail me your serial number and i'll see what i can do to fix your problem. SK210, YQ09-U#### or YQ07-U, or YQ08-U e-mail: [email protected] obviously the dealer was missing the obvious. also, if you have not lost all faith with a bit of patience i can make you happier with the way the machine performs. a few pre-checks and a few tweaks and you will like the machine. some have told me once i am done, the machine is like night and day and feels like a new machine altogether! you will not be disappointed. if you are at least you can sell and get into something else. adam.
I am looking at 6-9 ton machine and like the kobelco 70 or 80, also looking at hitachi 80, kubota 080 anyone have any background on reliability and best machine for the money in this size ? thx
We are small excavating company, and are looking at adding small excavator to our company, ant ideas for financing a new medium excavator. have expierance with deere and cat, but have not ever used 3rd party broker or company, seems like the ones we have contacted are mostly brokers and most probably more expensive than dealing direct with deere. We are looking at kobelco, case and komatsu, none of which have direct financing all are financed via dealer affilated thrid parties , any recommendations for good company that is reliable and not rip off artist for financing ? thx steve
Welcome to the forum carlson foods. :usa Sounds like you have two questions, what excavator to buy, and how to finance it. You would be far better off getting in your third post and becoming a junior member, then you could start your own thread about your question. Use a title to the thread like "which excavator and best way to finance". You would get much better responses then.
Anybody have any expierance with kubota 161 or takehuchi 153 ? Looking for a reliable easy to service machine most of our work in heavy mud or woods, any recomendations thx steve
Back in the 1980's a company i worked for bought a new 907 and a 916 kobelcos. the 907 was my machine, in the first year i had 3000 hrs on it ,just routine maintenance and changing caps on the bucket. We had 2 cat 235's then and the 916 was a bit slower but had a lot more digging power,you could pull that 3 yd bucket thru 3' of frost it would look like the whole area in front of the machine was lifting breaking that frost out. We had no problems with the 916 for three years other then routine maintenance ,then a head gasket went. they were nice machines to operate. Don
Gday all, Look i'm posting on this thread as need some advice on an excavator. I currently run my own agri business doing hay and tillage and general work, Have a unimog 4wd tractor covering all that work. Now i wanted to expand into earthmoving and i wonder how versatile a excavator can be for doing various jobs? I have been keeping my eye on a Kato 1220SE||, it looks a bit rough but still usable, would this be a good solid machine to enter into the earthmoving business? any help greatly appreciated many thanks Alex
this is a good link to kobelco's online parts catalogs http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/partscatalog/Pages/partscatalog.aspx
Might pay to start a new thread, instead of posting in one about Kobelco machines.
Thanks for that, at that time i couldn't start a new thread cheers alex
Hi Mr. Kobelco I was wondering if I could have some advice please. My Kobelco 907 mk2... if you are driving with the cogs behind you the left hand side track wont drive forward, but in reverse both tracks drive fine. do you think it will be a valve? if so which one? if not what else.... completely at a loss here. any advice will be appreciated.
We have 2 Kobelco SK-160's. 6500 to 7000 hrs. When we bought these we tried them all. Bring it out for a week and we will run it. We pull a lot of underground tanks. Space can be tight at times. At the time nothing would compare. Not oversize to haul. Power for the size. Nothing comparable would dead lift from a hole like these two. If it cant be lifted out, dig a ramp and drag it out. Fuel efficient. Load trucks all day and only need a 50 gallon fuel cell. Rent a Cat and I guarantee you will need more than that. In 6 years the only hydraulic leaks I have had were operator induced. These machines just don't have hydraulic problems. They always, always start. Sitting on a jobsite unattended for a week, go out and started right up at -10. The starter did not like it but it did not crank long. Can't say enough. Absolutely the perfect machine for the size at the time we bought them. There may be others manufactured now that have closed the gap somewhat but until these get replaced we wont know. At that point we will try them all again. It will take a superior machine performance (for the size) to get me to recommend anything else.