Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco serial number location?

K9lvr4ever ยท 2016-05-16 20:27

Hi all, I recently bought an SK100 and know nothing about kobelco's. I'm looking for a serial number so I can get some parts but can't find it anywhere! Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you! Brian Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Replies8
  1. #1willie592016-05-16 20:55

    Not sure if it's one of the older models, but on -6 machines and above the ID plate was riveted to the RF corner of the cab, if it's gone, they stamped the s/n on the turntable base plate between the two boom hoist cylinders.

  2. #2K9lvr4ever2016-05-17 00:50

    Thank you willie59. I'll check there when I get to the shop. Thanks for the reply! -Brian Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  3. #3dirthog2016-05-17 08:21

    The older machines it would be on the left front corner right below where the front of the cab door.

  4. #4K9lvr4ever2016-05-18 22:00

    Thanks Willie! Found it on the turn table.. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  5. #5K9lvr4ever2016-05-18 22:02

    You were right (so was Willie). Can't believe I couldn't see the tag under the door! Time for some glasses Take care, Brian Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  6. #6willie592016-05-18 22:18

    Makes no never mind to me who was right as long as you found it, really helps when ordering parts. :drinkup

  7. #7K9lvr4ever2016-05-19 06:50

    After finding the serial, I called a local dealer to have him look it up and tell me exactly what flavor sk100 it was. He said he thought it was a "grey market" machine and worried me a little about being able to find a shop manual and parts - couldn't find the serial number in his database at all. I found a shop manual online in no time, but still worried about getting parts when needed... The serial was YW-06533 and near as I can tell, it's an sk100-5. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  8. #8dgvanpelt2024-11-30 13:58

    Can any of you folks help me I have a Kobelco sk140srlc that the serial number YH06-08650 doesn't come up in Kobelcos parts serial number search thanks