Hello, New to the group but have hit a wall and needed to reach out for some new ideas. My Kobelco excavator is popping multiple error codes, some hydraulic some electrical. Do-13,Do-23,Do-33,Do-63,Eo-13,Eo-23,and lastly Go-13. I have replaced the main wire harness throughout the machine from bottom of cab throughout, with same codes resulting. Removed all grounds cleaned and inspected, and replaced batteries and cables to ensure proper connections. Machine starts and runs, hydraulics work but are slow (idle speed), and I have know throttle. Starter bumps once and a while before starting, not sure if this may be related or not. When running computer reads 0 RPM in computer. I keep going back to wiring do to this odd combo of codes but seem to be getting know where. Thought of replacing the last piece of wire harness inside the cab but with carful inspection everything seems good with clean connections, seems unlikely a problem within the harness in this portion of the machine as protected as it is? Pulled cover off computer, no scorch or burn marks on the board seems clean and good. Any thoughts on where to go with this would be appreciated. Serial # ym07u1941 Thank you in advance!
Welcome to the forum adam1994allen. I know nothing of your machine,but there are plenty knowledgeable people in this forum. I can only suggest this bit of advice. If you have a schematic for this machine. Look at all of the sensors triggering these codes to see if they have a common wire. 5v supply or ground. If one or more sensor share a wire and is bad. It could bring down the whole circuit. If that is the case then you can unplug the sensors of the effected circuit one at a time. And watch to see if the codes go inactive or stays the same. Good luck and I hope that you will find the solution.
Hi D013 is p1 bypass solenoid D023 is p2 bypass solenoid D033 is straight travel solenoid D063 is arm recirculation solenoid E023 is p2 high pressure pump sensor G013 is stepper motor current incorrect. From seeing this combination of faults before many times its a faulty controller.
Thanks Kobelco, I was thinking something major like that with this combination of codes. Is there anyway to test these controllers other than just looking at it for something that looks obviously wrong.
Thank you Paul That is a really good tip. The only schematics I have been able to develop pretty much just shows the location of the sensors but I am going to try that just see if if by chance they do share a wire. Better test than just throwing more wires into it!
I used to try getting them tested and repaired years ago but found it was mostly a waste of time and money for the machine owner, so now I always advise to just replace with a new genuine controller. I know a new one is expensive but here is an example of why it's the best option, had a guy contact me about a kobelco 210-6 with same faults as yours. I checked out machine told him the controller was faulty and to order new genuine one and I would come back and calibrate the new controller when it arrived. Was expecting a call a few days later but no call, two weeks later he rings and tells me another mechanic looked at it and said controller was OK it just needed four new solenoids. I tired to advise him otherwise but he was not listening. Another two weeks pass and he rings again says four new solenoids fitted and still same faults so he has ordered a new controller from China for 980 euros because a genuine one is too expensive. Another four weeks pass and he rings again new controller has arrived, so I drive to machine and he hands me new controller and assures me the fella in China said its the correct controller. It had the correct part number printed on a sticker and was just stuck on over a different part number. Fitted new controller and surprise surprise its the wrong controller for the machine. China have told him no refund or exchange. So far he has spent 980 on controller 1600 on four solenoids, paid the other mechanic paid me twice and has been brokedown four eight weeks. A new genuine controller would have cost 2600 and the machine would have only been down for two days
All the psv solenoids on your machine each have there own two wires from controller to the solenoid no shared wires
I would like to start off by saying thank you for your help. Took the advice and went with a new controller. It solved the problem with my codes and the machine is back to running! However at this point, the machine does not seem to have the power or responsiveness it did prior to the repair? I look into the computer and it seems to be running aprx. 250-300 below the computer set rpm for idle or wide open operation. Not really sure what to do with that or any process that needs to happen after a new controller install for proper calibration? I should also note I installed new step motor, did preform a A,B,C set-up which seemed to go threw fine not sure if this could also be related however?
Warm up the machine and carry out the A adjustment again. As it nears full rpm see if throttle linkage is hitting the max rpm bolt on the injection pump. You might have to adjust the max rpm bolt to get it to full rpm.
Guy,Whats Rotation maximum Is Escavator Kobelco Sk170-8E? Rpm max