Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kobelco sk045 yutani excavator

upali yapa · 2016-02-01 12:44

Dear friends, i have a kobelco yutani sk045 excavator. serial number LP-01603.Its hydraulic pump model KAWASAKI NV64DT. I Disassembled the pump and replace pistons, swash plate, retainer plate etc, and i rebuild as new one. Now machine has many problems. 1) engine heat go to red line. 2) black smoke . I was trying to fix it adjusting pressure and tuning screws on the pump. now every thing messed up. if you have a manual or any detail about adjusting pressure and pump pleas help me. thank you.

Replies9
  1. #1upali yapa2016-02-05 11:54

    how to adjust A and B valves

  2. #2mikebramel2016-02-05 14:29

    You need gauges Sounds like the Idle/Standby/Pressure differential is set too high. and Possibly the Cut off is set higher than the main relief pressure

  3. #3upali yapa2016-02-06 10:04

    thank you mikebramel Yes I have pressure gauges, (400bar and 100 bar) I have a parts manual,I like to send it to you, Because you can use ti to explain me something like gauges connecting ports and adjusting places.

  4. #4mikebramel2016-02-10 20:17

    If you look in your last picture, two spots to the LEFT of the "A" is a port plug. There are probably several on the machine. I would try taking pressure readings form these ports

  5. #5upali yapa2016-02-11 11:38

    Is this the port

  6. #6upali yapa2016-02-12 12:07

    How to adjust B,and C. gauge port A,

  7. #7mikebramel2016-02-12 12:44

    You're going to have to find the line/main/outlet pressure port and the signal/load sensing/pressure differential port on the pump. The main relief valve will be closest to the inlet of the valve. Turn that OUT until you have say 3000psi stalled. If pressure is lower, adjust compensator on pump (which will typically be the large adjustment) IN for more pressure. But when pressure stops increasing, turn back out atleast 1/4" turn otherwise you WILL overheat. At idle, the gauge reading to the signal/load sensing/pressure differential port on the pump should read close to 0psi with no functions/in neutral. BUT the the line/main/outlet pressure should read around 3-400PSI. The signal/load sensing/pressure differential port will be connected to one of the smaller lines running to the pump controller.

  8. #8upali yapa2016-02-13 12:58

    Dear Mikebramel, please can you tell me the procedure to adjust main relief valve and over load relief valve. other thing is what is the relief pressure of ......? 1) Boom, Arm, Bucket 2) swing 3) Travel I have 2 pressure gauges, (400 kgf/m²) I will connect the gauges to the port X and Y. After that tell me how to adjust pump. thank you.

  9. #9mikebramel2016-02-19 00:00

    Sorry I don't know what the pressures should be.