Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

kobelco sk120

cooberb78 ยท 2015-04-12 22:27

Just purchased an sk120 lp05248. Have multiple problems with machine hydraulic and electric possibly. Main problem is lack of power when swinging and both tracks only work when you they want to. And someone has worked on it before me. I am an automotive technician of this 20 years I think I have the ability to fix it just don't know how to diagnose. Can someone out there please help me?

Replies7
  1. #1wastednights2015-04-12 22:41

    Whats the issue with travelling?

  2. #2cooberb782015-04-12 22:54

    I can turn the machine sideways lift the right track off ground hold forward or reverse and in about ten seconds it will start to work if wot. If I push the left control it does nothing and the right track stops. If I push both at same time have to bump swing to make go. Noticed in straight travel if you try to veer left and ease off left control both tracks take off going a little faster. Will not turn unless u take pressure off tracks with boom. I can hear pump make noise like its trying to work and the drive motor brake is on. Also I can see small return line coming from swivel valve jump when trying to move. Sorry if my wording is wrong I only know vehicles

  3. #3cooberb782015-04-13 15:29

    Does anyone out there have an operators manual for sk120 lp05248 I'm getting know where fast trying to fix this thing when I don't even know what all the he switches are for

  4. #4GaryHoff2015-04-15 22:29

    Hope this helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8v96rw6hjna8mv/S2LP1014E-Linked pdf.pdf?dl=0 You need to start with the basics. Need to know what main pressure is. Need to know what pilot pressure is. Is there any other functions that are weak? Are the final drives over filled? Does this unit have a front blade. Check to see if swivel is leaking. The sk135 were bad for the swivel seals leaking into the slewing gear, and or breaking the Teflon seals inside.

  5. #5cooberb782015-04-15 22:57

    Thanks garyhoff may god bless you for your reply. I believe my machine is older than that manual but most of the stuff is the same. Thank you. I bought a service manual and I think I will be best to start with the machine set up procedure. It seems to run through all pressure test.I just have to keep in mind I bought a used machine not new. All functions seem to work fine other than swing and track. Kpss motor has been eliminated and cluster doesn't work. I know it sounds like I bought a scrap yard machine but poor people have poor ways. Thank you

  6. #6GaryHoff2015-04-16 00:05

    No problem. Once you know what your pilot pressure is, and the pressure at the travel motors, we will have a better idea what is going on. Do you have a rough idea of how many hours are on this machine, or what year it is? It worries me a little that your cluster doesn't work, as kobelco likes the mechatronics. The thing is with equipment, is either your making payments or your making repairs.

  7. #7cooberb782015-04-16 11:04

    The serial number is lp-05248 from what I have checked it is 90-94 they call it a semi long lever it has the screen behind the right lever. I will post some pics when I figure out how to. My not so smart phone is not cooperating.