Hi all, I’m Pete from New Zealand. As above I have a sk120-5 and one of the tracks has become jerky in one direction. Only does it once warmed up. If you ease it forward it will jerk and buck on that track. Take your foot off the control and slam it hard forward and it will normally track ok. When free spinning that track off the ground the track motor does have a slight wurring noise but I don’t think that’s related. The rubber boot from around the track control is long gone on that side which makes me suspect it could have some dirt stuck in it but I also find it hard to believe dirt can get in it it’s nit leaking oil My other through are maybe the centre joint.? Keen for advice of where to start looking first. I was going to swap the lines on the controller to see if it the fault transfers to the other track.
Bump
Kind of sound more like a problem in the travel motor or final drive. Have you pulled the plug on the final and checked the level and condition of the oil?
What does the oil look like in the gear side
This spline on your coupling and sun gear might be failing but still grabbing Pete.......... but there’s usually no warning like jerking. it just stops dead. What happens with load on the track like climbing a hill?
Thanks for the replies. Last weekend I swapped the hoses going from the foot control box to see if the problem would shift to a different side. And the problem went away. I then swapped the hoses back and used the machine for about 20min with no issues. Suspect maybe I had an air lock in the foot controller? Seems odd. Will do a bit more work this weekend and see if it comes back. Cheers, Pete
Well the next weekend of operating and the problem is back. Changed track gear oil and nothing out of the ordinary. Oil was very black and thick when I got the machine 18months who. That is the third change I have done and oil was black but normal consistency and no sign of metal. If you keep your foot hard downit will eventually ride through the jerking after at a guess close to a full track length of travel and then it climbs well and tracks pretty straight. I noticed on the weekend that once it had cleared it possibly was tracking faster in the direction where it jerks than it should with the track speed setting where it was. Lowering the track speed setting did change track speed and was still faster in track speed 2 mode. Where to next?