This machine was sitting for some time before I got it. It had a bad engine, I have since replaced the engine. While the counter weight was off I went thru wire harness on engine and hydraulic side retaping and correcting issues I found. When I started trying to power everything up with engine off I was getting an audible alarm for high engine temp. I ohmed out water temp sensor and it was in range of what service manual said, 0 to 1000 ohms I believe. After a short time of getting high engine temp it went into “mechatro cont fail” on display. I since found a connection issue in plugs below right hand control at floor which was not allowing 24v to get to convertor below display which converts 24v to 12v. Bypassed plug and now getting 12v out of converter but still getting a voltage drop in the cpu of 14 volts, Reading this at the resistor in cpu two blue wires. I thinking I could still have something dragging voltage down outside of cpu. I’ve got some more checking to do and prove all sensors, wiring & etc are good but just looking to see what is available out there. Looking to see if there’s anyone with a used CPU or do you recommend the Chinese versions just in case I need one. Is there a classified section on these forums or do we just post in the group what we are looking for?
Anybody know where I can get cabling and software to hookup to my kobelco?
Are you trying to program a new cpu
I may be purchasing a used one same part # as mine but bigger machine sk290 and it will maybe need a software change. And would like to see if it will connect to mine. Is the handy checker available for purchase? It’s has rs232 communications and I may can crack into with my rs232/485 comm box with some software on my laptop.
Do you know the exact model the 290 is cos they have two different type controllers. Type A and type B controllers are not interchangeable. Are you sure part numbers are the same cos two different models with two different programs installed could not have the same part number. They could have the same type number tho
Attached is the part number yn22e00108f1 of mine, I gave them the that part number and it shows it came out of a sk290 that’s all I know
Once the type number is same as yours TCO-51-7-ALL it can be programmed to suit but there is also a few different programs depending on the year and dipper arm length etc. I would still advise buying a genuine pre programmed cpu from a dealer all you have to do then is fit it and carry out an A-adjustment. They can be bought for around 2300 euros +vat here. How much is the second hand one, is there a guarantee with it, if you don't have the correct soft wear for it you could break it. Sometimes what seems cheap to start with can work out dearer in the long run
If you do order a new controller, order by serial number not part number cos your old controller was most likely changed and reprogrammed before
I understand totally I’ve been there and done that but I have a local kobelco rep that refuses to do business with anybody but a business (this is my personal machine on my farm) the only way they will work on it is if I take it to them which I not willing to do. I have tried to get them to come out to work on it. I may go the dealer new one but they could not tell me if the new one would need to be programmed. I will do business with another dealer but not them. I’ve spent thousands with them in the past. That’s the only reason why I looking at different ways to get this fixed. There cost is $2661.00 for a new one.
Dealer attitude towards costumers is why I parted ways with them. Post up your serial number and I will try get you a part number for a pre programmed controller. The dealer should know if it's programmed or not by the part numbers
Model - Sk135srlc Serial - YH01-00334
I will look into it in the morning and see what I can come up with
Hi the part number is YY22E00001F8. That part number should get you a pre programmed unit
Just so you know from my experience the above part number will get you the correct part from kobelco dealer. When it comes to Chinese or ebay parts I have seen customers get new controllers that were the incorrect controller but had a new sticker with the correct part number printed on it.
I understand there’s a lot of Chinese copy cat parts floating out there. I’m going with the OEM unit from kobelco
The computer started working again!, I let the machine sit for 2 weeks or so while working on other projects. When I started it up it was beeping from display showing the HIGH E/G TEMP alarm like it did when I first started machine after install of engine. I moved it and we have full power to the pump now. I traced wiring for HIGH E/G TEMP and it is a green with black stripe checked High temp switch and it shows good, unhooked green wire at switch and ohmed from plug at computer and it was showing 1.2 ohms to ground which told me there was a shorted wire in harness, unplugged harness on engine and re-ohmed, still have 1.2 ohms to ground. I cut wire loose at computer plug and alarm cleared on display. Display then showed a LOWER BOOM PRESS fail, which I knew I had a broken plug on pressure sensor. Ordered a new pressure sensor. I tried doing an A adjustment and found that it was not reading RPM, so i ordered a Revolution Sensor too. Parts came in and once I installed them It corrected the boom pressure alarm and I'm now seeing RPMs. Performed an A adjustment and found it was showing NO CURRENT SPEED MOTOR. Ohmed wiring to speed adjustment motor and found they were reading 1.4 ohms between A A+ phase and B B+ phase, unhooked motor and ohmed at motor. Had 6.9 to 7.4 ohms between phases. Ended up finding a section of wiring that had got hot and melted together (from a previous small fire) the 4 wires feeding the speed adjustment motor and the engine temp sensor. I corrected bad wires and done another A adjustment. Bingo we now have control of the throttle and it corrected the HIGH E/G TEMP alarm. It goes thru a WARMING UP when you first start it then shows Monitor OK once it warms up. I ended up having several wiring issues in the harness in different areas so I'm assuming it was dragging computer down causing the CPU failure and after it sat for several weeks the computer internally reset? Time will tell how it does.
Glad you got it sorted out. If the batteries were bad on the machine and pushing less than 18 volts the controller will automatically shut down. Just a thought as to maybe why cpu was flashing.
Ok well computer finally gave out. I ordered a replacement computer and done the “A” adjustment and we are back going. The only issue I’m having is the machine will not shutdown by key switch only by emergency kill cable. Once I turn off by key switch with machine running it will show battery relay alarm on display. It done this with the old computer so I replaced the battery relay but still having the same alarm now with new computer. This is not why I replaced computer, the old one would no longer boot up. Any ideas? I’ve traced wiring and ran thru troubleshooting guide but still can not narrow it down. I almost think it should load pump at low rpm to stall out but I’m not completely sure how it supposed to shut down. The engine & wiring diagram does not show a shutdown solenoid. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
If it won't turn off the engine with the key then the stop gap is incorrectly set on the throttle rod. Remove the throttle linkage and start the machine then move the arm on the injection pump to the stop bolt(towards fan side) to make sure the stop bolt is in correct position. If it stops reattach throttle linkage, if it doesn't stop a just the stop bolt one turn at a time till it does. Then do the A-adjustment again and when it's in step 2 go back and check that the throttle linkage is as close to the stop bolt as possible with out touching it. Then finish the A-adjustment.
You are correct, I took it 1 turn out and it showdown. I appreciate the info.
Glad you got sorted. Hopefully you can get many trouble free hours out of it now