Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK140 lost controls

chad740 ยท 2017-08-24 14:46

I work in the maintenance department of a company that had a guy that was our excavator expert. This gentleman has moved on and now I have to learn how to take over the tasks of fixing them when they go down. With that being said I have a Kobelco SK140 that I have lost pilot controls along with one track. I can hit the override and get it to track but that's all. Anybody have any ideas where I could start to trouble shoot this? Be easy on the new guy lol.

Replies3
  1. #1GaryHoff2017-08-30 23:11

    Welcome to HEF. Which track is not working? (left or right) Do any other functions work with the override on, or just the other track? Im assuming you screwed in the lever lock solenoid to override the safety lever. I have had issues with the straight travel valve. Remove and inspect, swap with another machine if you can.

  2. #2chad7402017-09-08 07:59

    right track wont work. no other functions work with the override. No I have not tried the safety override since one track worked.

  3. #3GaryHoff2017-09-14 22:36

    So no boom, no bucket, no stick, no left track? Have you checked your hydraulic filters for debris yet?