I have picked up a used Helac PT10 Tilt Coupler and am looking at a 2005 Kobelco 160 machine to install it on. The machine has Aux Hydraulics installed, but I dont know if they are Single or Dual flow. Can someone please weigh in on the difficulty of changing a Kobelco from Single to dual flow if I end up needing to do this? Here are some pics of the hydraulics of the machine. Maybe one of you all knows which valves are related to the AUX functions and if this machine is setup for bi-directional, or can be easily converted to dual flow. Another Question that I could use help with: The Helac PT-10 requires 6-8GPM and 3650 - 3750 PSI of pressure. Once I have bi-directional flow, how do I dial in this flow rate and pressure? Thanks a lot, John
Have you installed the coupler yet? The valve mounted on the end of the main control valve is the aux valve. It is two way oil. The big hoses coming out of the side of it may go to a hand operated ball valve that can change from two way to one way oil.
Ball Valve for Bi-Directional Thanks GrandKobelco! I do not own this machine yet, just looking at machines on the internet to find a good machine to go after to use with the Coupler that I already have. Im brand new to excavators and am in over my head in a sense. Im assuming that the last (bottom) picture is the valve assembly where the AUX Lines come from the boom. If you can explain where on that assembly the Aux lines come in, that would help a lot. I had sent the PICs above to a Hydraulic Kit Company named HKX. ( www.hkx.com ), they suggested to me that the machine is currently setup for single direction hydraulics but could be converted to bi-dir by adding a 3 way ball valve and a pressure relief valve and still utilize the existing foot-pedal that is in the machine currently. I think you are telling me roughly the same thing? Thanks for your assistance John
Yes, There should be a bydirectional ball valve on it already but if it's not there you can add one. wes
This is a bit of a change in topic, maybe some of you will have opinions. The machine referenced above has the longer 10'2" Stick and also comes with a Wain-Roy Coupler and Bucket. Once I add the Helac Coupler to the stick, I will be adding around 18" of additional length to the stick. Having the Wain Roy Coupler/Bucket on the end of the Helac will help somewhat with the length as it is shorter than having a pin on bucket. Would you folk have big concerns with clearance/tipping issues fitting the Helac to a machine with a longer stick?