Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK160LC Swivel Joint

Tony Wells · 2026-02-28 15:55

OK guys, have a swivel joint replacement coming up on this machine. SN YM03-U1209 It is pouring oil to the point it's not really usable. Machine has been sitting for quite a while, and I know I will be rebuilding the tensioners on it also, plus anything else it needs. Customer wants it put back into good shape. No shop manual, so I would appreciate any known hidden pitfalls I am going to run into.

Replies7
  1. #1BetterBuilt2026-03-11 08:13

    Would like to see this project in real time or know how it all works Have no experience with these but would also like to know what are the major parts of the puzzle.

  2. #2Jmckinstrie2026-03-11 19:02

    Just rebuilt mine on a ex120-2. Out and in in about 2 hours. I have a small shop press to seat the last o ring. I suppose a large dead blow would have worked but I’d be nervous beating on something hard. View attachment IMG_0366.jpeg

  3. #3Tony Wells2026-03-12 23:13

    I have not started this repair yet. I'm clearing a bay in the shop to bring it inside. I'll post pics along the way. Overall, it doesn't look too bad.

  4. #4Jmckinstrie2026-03-31 15:31

    How’s ya make out Tony ?

  5. #5cuttin edge2026-03-31 17:53

    Look up @digginok on YouTube. He did his on his hitachi

  6. #6Phantom9702026-04-01 03:50

    Is it the swivel joint or just an o-ring on one of the track motor hoses?

  7. #7Tony Wells2026-04-02 14:13

    Still out in the yard. It's a spare machine, so not really urgent. I'll still post it up when I get it inside.