Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK200-5 drive motor

GregsHD ยท 2015-02-16 12:44

Hi, Have an issue with the RH drive motor, track locked up solid with no warning. Popped cover off and checked final drive as oil was very black, found no metal and looks good. checked pressures at drive motor test ports. 3500 psi in forward, 1500psi reverse, also with the gauge still in the forward port but the travel lever in reverse i'm seeing over 500psi.. I'm thinking problem in the counterbalance valve on the motor? It's a Nabco brand motor, numbers off the plate are 23V00001F1 and below that, A7 3 0550. Machine Ser is YNT 0568, Grey market so I have trouble getting specs from anywhere. I don't have much experience with drive motors and there systems so any help is appreciated! Thanks, Greg

Replies4
  1. #1finaldrive2015-02-16 18:44

    You're on the right path. Swap counterbalance valve from the other side and test. I've encountered this issue several times. YN23V00001F1 is the part number of the counterbalance valve.

  2. #2GregsHD2015-02-16 20:06

    Thanks for the info, So this is a cartridge type valve? I was thinking the valve was internal under the two plates top and bottom. So it must be the cartridge valve that looks like a relief on the top rear of the motor? Do you happen to have any pics/diagrams you could send me so I have a better understanding of the internal flow? Thanks again, Greg

  3. #3finaldrive2015-02-17 08:59

    Item 42 6 bolts attach it to motor. Remove, swap to other side and see if problem follows the valve.

  4. #4GregsHD2015-02-17 12:12

    Perfect Thanks!:drinkup