Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK200 oil coolers–interchangability?

obleck ยท 2019-03-14 20:16

Hi, hoping to find a Kobelco guru that might know the answer to this. I've acquired an SK200LC-4, and it's missing the oil cooler. (It was apparently removed for pressure testing, but the project was abandoned years back and it was never picked up...) I'm looking for a new one, which according to the parts catalog is a YN05PU0002S002 Looking online, it seems to be pretty hard to find. However, there is the YN05P00007S002, for the SK200-5 series, which looks to be similar if not identical in layout, and is much more readily available. Of course I don't have dimensional drawings for either. Does anyone know if they are compatible? Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1dirthog2019-03-15 08:19

    Not according to Kobelco that was only used in the Mark V which was not really used in this country.

  2. #2obleck2019-03-15 12:09

    I would agree insofar as the Kobelco parts catalog is concerned, but is there a major difference between them? E.g. dimensions of mounts and plumbing connections, perhaps cooling capacity? I found a -4 for $3000, but an aftermarket -5 is $600. Also, out of curiosity, what pressure is an oil cooler typically running?

  3. #3dirthog2019-03-18 08:29

    Doesn't really give any of that information in the parts pages. I do know that most of the overseas machines are quite a bit different than what is built here especially the newer machines like this.