Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco sk200lc mark 4

backhoe dale ยท 2024-08-24 18:05

I have a kobelco sk200lc mark 4 and I'm having trouble with the step motor and not sure how to diagnosis the issue. This excavator sat for 10 yrs and wasn't used. I changed oil and cleaned up some electrical connections and it's been working great the last couple hundred hrs. But today I went to move it and it won't rev up and gives me a s/m fail or a s/m off warning once in a while. Plus the closest kobelco dealer and mechanic are 200+ miles away, and they aren't very helpful getting parts let alone service from what I've found since I've gotten this. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Kobe Steel2024-08-25 04:01

    Try checking your electrical connections from the controller to the Step motor and the resistance of the step motor coils and its limit switch. To calibrate the step motor requires a simple switch and harness made up and connected into the controllers 1p connector. Then a sequence is initiated which involves setting the min and max throttle positions of the step motor governor linkage arm before a series of steps is then carried out by the controller. This calibration procedure was always a bit of headache to carry out in my experience.

  2. #2backhoe dale2024-08-25 11:33

    Thanks I'll do some tests