Hi, Make: Kobelco Model: SK230LC - 5 Serial number: LL08-03020 Problem started with swing park brake solenoid error F-2. I verified power and earth to solenoid. Re-ran a whole new harness from the switch to the solenoid. No effect. I changed solenoid. Fixed it temporarily. Code came back and now Engine over heating Rapidly. ECM pin for swing brake puts out 15V to solenoid. Swing release switch puts out 24V to solenoid. No voltage drop across power circuit when solenoid is energized. Have continuity from ECM pin to solenoid I've been told Putting the wrong solenoid in can cause overheating issues. Because it throws the ECM out. Kobelco dealer ordered solenoid from picture I sent them. But the position of theirs is different. This is a somewhat rare machine in Australia. Can anyone confirm the part number and position of the swing park brake solenoid? Can anyone confirm these symptoms from the wrong solenoid? Is it possible for the ECM to be faulty? I want to sort out the original swing issue before the over heating issue in case they are related. Attached is schematic and other info I can find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Sam
Have you checked for corrosion in the plug going on to the solenoid. Looking at the pile of wet mud the solenoids are living in I would be surprised if there is not corrosion in the plugs.
The number on the new solenoid is correct and the position you have it in is correct. How rapidly does the temperature rise and how far does it rise have you confirmed overheating by taking temperature at the rads.
Machine with serial number LL08-03020 is SK230LC-VI. If CPU 's faulty the monitor will display 1.CPU MECHATRO CONT. FAIL.
Back at the job now. Plug has no corrosion in it. The little bits of plast are bent up that holds the pins in. I'm waiting for these plugs that I ordered online. Jammed a bit of plastic to hold them in and tested resistance at at the ecm and solenoid and compared. Good connection Thanks for the reply
Thanks for confirming the solenoid. Overheats within one hour of operation. Temp drop across rad is 5 degrees c. Thermostat housing gets up to to 110 c. Just changed old thermostat. Old one doesn't look too good. Think overheating might be a seperate issue now.
Really helpful info. Thank you. Is there a system operation or spec for CPU output voltage?
This is shop manual let you can find out for yourself. https://www.mediafire.com/file/9h8d7gx59h49ycj/S5LQ0011E-00+NA+SK230_250LC-VI+Shop+Manuall.pdf/file
Temp should drop 15-20 degrees across radiator. Assuming the basics are checked like belts etc, two common reasons I see on these for overheating is internal rad core blocked and there is a space between the radiator and the oil cooler that can get clogged up with dirt, remove the cover pointed out in picture and see if it's all clean in there
Thank mate. Overheating issue sorted. Just the thermostat. Not related to other issue.
Thanks mate. Again, really helpful. Overheat issue sorted. Just a thermostat. Still has swing fault Looks like the output from that pin on the ECM should be 24V. I'm only getting 15V. I'm measuring directly from the cpu. So no voltage drop across wires. Solenoid earth circuit is good. I'm sending it in to get tested. Will repost the outcome. Thanks
Hi mate! Did you check what voltage ECM gives out with solenoid unplugged? -It is possible that solenoid is overloading your ECM output, which is most likely a transistor, which can handle only a certain amout of current, after this, your voltage starts to drop. - Also ,you may have a bad solder joint internally in the ECM, which acts as a resistor, and causes voltage drop also. You need to find out what is normal current draw for your solenoid, and measure it when solenoid is connected directly to 24V, if current is OK, then probably bad joint in the ECM, or transistor that activates your output pin.