Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco SK30 information

jhogan2424 ยท 2013-03-27 18:15

So I have been considering selling my small Kubota BX25 Tractor-Loader-Backhoe and getting a plain tractor with a loader and no backhoe and then getting a small excavator to replace the backhoe that I have now on my current Kubota. Sounds a little confusing now that I go back and read it but... I was at my local Kubota dealer today looking at new tractors and explaining to the salesman what my plans were and he tells me that they have a used Kobelco SK30 mini excavator coming in on a trade deal. I have no experience with the Kobelco machines and was hoping someone could give me a little info on that particular model. I don't know if it could be a "lemon" model that nobody wants or maybe a grey market model that I may have trouble finding parts. I searched the forums and found no info at all on this model. Does anyone have any experiences good or bad with the SK30? Thanks, Jason

Replies2
  1. #1mikebramel2013-03-27 23:18

    I wouldn't think twice about it and it will dig 4-5x faster than a bx

  2. #2jhogan24242013-03-28 19:29

    Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the SK30 is what they call grey market?