I installed a new bucket and thumb and am trying to adjust pressure and flow to the thumb. Rockland recommends pressures of 3500 psi max. There are 10 presets with pressure and flow rates. The thumb action was a bit brisk and the only preset that was close was close was 3650psi and a flow of 465. I entered the service menu to edit flow and pressure. The first field is for pressure and I decreased it to 350, tabbed to the next field to adjust pressure and it cleared the field but would not allow me to enter a new value. When I tabbed to the second pressure field, I got the same response. How do I enter a new pressure value? What am I doing wrong?
Not sure but I found this information in the user manual. It states that after selecting your desired setting you must press the menu switch to set it as the current default value, then return to the main screen by pressing the screen change switch, see pdf attached. Best regards
I finally got someone at Kobelco that got me close enough to where I could figure out how to set the pressure on this thumb! Go into the service menu and get to the nibbler settings. Go to the the configuration you want. Toggle to the flow settings and adjust using the up/down arrow and hit the menu key to toggle to the next field and save the flow rate. Now, with the arm activated, move the thumb toggle and the pressure will advance on the display. Increase the throttle and the pressure will go up. If it is not high enough, let off the thumb toggle and apply again. It will advance the pressure. Repeat as necessary until the desired pressure is achieved and hit the menu button to save and advance the to the last field and repeat process!
if you hold the rocker switch with the ball valves closed and use the up and down around it will adjust the pressure settings for the aux circuit when you have the right setting got the ok and it will save the value to whichever number you were under
I tried that, but there was no response. It requires you to throttle up to achieve the pressure you want and then save.
yes you want to set the pressure and flow at full rpm with the hydraulic oil hot like 120/130 degrees. hold the rocker and adjust with the arrows then keep holding the rocker while you hit ok. when you return to the main screen you have to make sure you have the right set number selected that you set in the back screen it should display the pressure and flow that you set previously.
if you can't adjust the pressure settings far enough with the monitor then you have to make a manual adjustment at the relief. loosen the small nut and turn the screw in out to change the pressure up or down. This will move the electronic window up or down. now you can go back to the monitor and adjust it to the right pressure