Hey Guys. Could use some help on a Kobelco SK300LC IV. This machine was bought with the engine apart (8.3 ***). We rebuilt the engine and installed it this past weekend. When I lowwer the safty arm (which engages the hydraulics) the engine stalls out. If I push down on the floor board pedal (hard) to the right or the steer controlls I can engage the saftey arm, with only slight engine bog, and can run all of the bucket and swing functions. While the safty arm is engaged and I let up on the foot pedal (the one on the right of the steer controls) the machine will only travel in reverse about 3 inches before it bogs and stalls. I have moved it backwards 8 feet by now thinking that a valve was stuck and just needed to be worked. I get nothing from the steer controls in either direction. I thought that we might have a backward line on the pump but swapped around the only two that could be and the machine did nothing so swapped back. We uninstalled and installed the engine with the pump attached to the engine and never "broke" any other lines on the machine loose anywhere. This machine has not run in 2 years and the only time it moved was when we took out the gears in the rears and dragged it onto our lowboy with a Cat 322 to get it to our yard. That was 8 months ago.
hi, did this problem exist before you did the engine or happen after? the first thing i will ask you to verify is all the pilot hyd hoses to the pumps the hyd pump regulators have a pilot line pi1, pi2, pm1, and pf (solenoid) eliminate first if one is crossed connected. these pilot lines control the hyd pump conditions, turning on and off the flow as well as for hp control as not to stall the engine under load. if you give me the ser# ycu-#### i will send you over some line routing diagrams cheers! adam
Mr. Kobelco, I was hoping that you would be one of the respondents. You have given good advice to me in the past. I bought the machine with the head off of it. I have never ran it myself but did track down the past owner and he said that it worked fine but dropped a valve in the head. Some of the parts were sent to a machine shop for repair and soon lost. After I aquired a engine from a truck thinking that I could install it in the woods (where the machine broke and I purchased it) just to "walk" it out of the woods and onto a trailer I ran into this same problum. At that time I thought that the issue was with the incorrect engine (wrong intake, injection pump, turbo and more...). In the past 6 months I have aquired the correct engine and its correct factory parts. This problum is still there. SER# ycu1169
hi, please e-mail me your contact info once i get your e-mail address i will send some items i'd like you to check out first. [email protected] cheers! adam
[email protected] Thank You, Trip.
Thanks for the spec sheets. I checked everything and it was hooked up right. I found the problem, your gonna get a kick out of this one. I removed the foot valve and cleaned it with PB Blaster, the small ball that holds it in rerverse was stuck. After I reinstalled the foot valve I was about to start it up and wondered why if it was only a valve stuck why the machine didn't take off in reverse, why did it bog to a stall??? THE TRACKS WERE RUSTED!!! LOL. The machine has been sitting for a while but it looks great. I would have never guessed that one. After working it back and forth for 30 minutes I gained two feet. When I moved it forward the tracks were off the rollers 4 inches! I put some oil on them tonight and will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the help. Trip
Did you ever get that machine traveling moving ? just interested, i'v seen that problem before.
I poured a used engine oil and diesel fuel mix on the tracks, lifted the track off the ground with the bucket and moved eack track back and forth for 2 hours each side. I was able to walk it up to the front building (400') VERY SLOWLY with a small bit of help from the bucket. Im keeping them soaked everyday until I drive it again next week. They are by no means working properly yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated other than pressing out the bushings at a very big cost. The good news is that this machine was purchased to sit in one place at our auto salvage yard and break out engines and tranmissions to put in a 40 yard container before the car is crushed.This machine will probably never walk more than 20' in any direction but I would still like to get it working properly. On that note, I will need to purchase a 3 /2 grapple for this machine soon. Can anyone help me with attachment interchange. I have been told that a bucket from a Komatsu PC300 will fit right on this machine. I was wondering if this was true along with any other machines so that if Im at a auction and see one I can purchase it. Thank you again Mr. Kobelco for the help last week.