I'm just looking for opinions from people with experience on either of these machines. I've spent 90 percent of my time at work on a cat 320 for the past 10 years and have little experience on a 7-8 ton class excavator. Our company is getting a new 7-8 ton hoe this fall and they have leased a case cx75 (sumitomo) lately for small jobs. It's nice as most all new equipment is, however I recently had the opportunity to spend a couple days on a brand new Kobelco sk75 and liked the way it handled much better. I have no idea about the long term reliability of either but out of the box the Kobe stood out to me. How about some observations from people who have spents some time on these midis. Thanks.
Hi there rumpelstiltskin, I am in the uk and have had a case cx75 for 4/5 years now and put 5000 hours on it with very little trouble! The only thing I've had to do is put a manual throttle cable on the machine, besides that it has given me no trouble atall and has been a VERY reliable machine and I would reccomend one 100% Very capable digging and very stable even cross carriage. In my opinion rock solid machines!