Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco sk85cs -3e hydraulics moving slow

ugabulldogs6182 · 2023-11-16 18:13

Our kobelco sk85cs -3e seems to have low pressure in hydraulics when tracking either direction, and when operating boom controls . It doesn’t have enough pressure to lift itself up off ground whatsoever. Have replaced solenoid that was causing no hydraulic to work period about a year ago but it’s the solenoid that’ll keep any hydraulic from working when putting safety lever down. Does anyone know which solenoid controls pressure? I know there’s one on pump but wasn’t sure if that’s the issue or another solenoid in area of solenoid I replaced recently

Replies5
  1. #1Kyle Helmke2023-11-16 20:23

    the pressure is controlled by the main relief valve on the control valve. The solenoid on the pump controls flow that would affect your speed. the first things to check would be engine rpm, make sure your getting to max and then pilot pump pressure, that is the little pump on the back of the big ones.

  2. #2ugabulldogs61822023-11-22 00:14

    Thanks Kyle . Engine rpm’s is good and when you turn engine speed up it does as it should. What are you meaning by pilot pump pressure? I haven’t been able to check anything else yet but will this week sometime such as pressure psi at the pump but if I don’t need to check it on the main pump please let me know and thanks for any help . We only have this one kobelco and will never buy another one due to not being able to get parts as quickly as our caterpillars or komatsus. It took 3 days just for hydraulic filters for example.

  3. #3LACHAU2023-11-23 05:21

    I suggest you try to measure the pressure of pilot pump and main pump P1+P2. Then try to adjust them to standard values.

  4. #4LACHAU2023-11-23 05:22
  5. #5djwilson602025-05-14 20:05

    did you get your issue resolved??? If so, what was the problem?? Was your swing weak as well???