Just wondering if some one can tell me what kind of oil I should be running in my machine. Blew a hose and need to top it up. Just wondering if I need a TDH or a low vis or a 32 red etc. Not quiet sure is why im asking. Thanks
Just my opinion, but I would use 46 for normal operations, if you get below -20C you might need to go lighter.
So would a nuto 46 work. I have an excess amount of this avalible to me. Thanks
Nuto H46? Should be perfect.
Its a hydralic oil produced by mobile oils. We use them in our systems ar work. Its comes in 32 46 68 weights. Here is spec sheet link http://www.mobil.com/Germany-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENINDMONuto_H.aspx
Excellent oil, unless somebody jumps in with a factory spec to the contrary that's what I would use, the 46.
FWIW, I use multi-viscosity index (multi-vis) hydraulic oil AW ISO 32/46/68 in all of my equipment now. It covers the whole operating temperature spectrum, plus I don't have to stock three different oils. It also meets all the usual manufacturer's specs: Dennison, Cat, Vickers, Prince, Eaton, etc. It's available in most popular brands.
Ok thx for the in put. The reason I asked is cause were doing a switch in oil company suppliers and were gonna scrap some of the oil cause the dealer wont take it back. So I figured I woould ask cause I hate to see it go to waste.
I would still grab the oil if it's free.
Good Lord yes! Stuff is what, ten or twelve bucks a gallon in bulk? Buckets or drums, put it inside, up off the ground on wood blocks, shrink wrap the lids and rub your hands together every time you walk by it. :cool2
:notworthy:notworthy Yep, I've never seen the price go down.
Ya I think its double that up here in canada. It is worth like $6/Litre. Not cheap at all. But I dont mind. I love it when my work switches brands of stuff. Happens a lot. Dont like wasting good stuff (farmer in me I guess). But ya ill be bringing a barrel or 2 home once I get the ok from higher ups.