Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco swing problem

ridgerunner ยท 2010-10-12 01:21

Help...I have a grey market Kobelco SK75 with pilot controls and a couple of days ago I was working and all of a sudden I had no right swing power and no left swing brake. I took it back to the shop and spent 2 days pulling things apart,making phone calls to 3 field mechanics and the Kobelco dealer who has never called me back and have found nothing so I took it back to the job as I had only about 3 hrs to finish. As I was finishing the job it started working again. I worked it the next day on another job and after 4 hrs I lost power to the left swing and lost the right swing brake this time and 15 minutes later it started working again. Today I worked it for 3 hrs and had no problem but this gremlin is still in there somewhere. Can someone out there help me find it. This is my first excavator and have only 230 hrs on it. Thank's ridgerunner

Replies9
  1. #1Per Eriksson2010-10-12 14:57

    You should have 2 pressure relief valves on the swing motor or by the control spool for the swing, one of them isn't working right. Pull both and take them apart and compare them, you'll most likely be able to spot the problem.

  2. #2ridgerunner2010-10-13 00:42

    When I was trying to find the problem I found only 1 relief valve on the swing motor and what the kobelco parts manual calls a valve assy reduction which I did take apart and it looked ok and also this is the part where the two pilot lines attach to the motor, one comes from the main spool and one comes from a bank of three solenoid valves attached to the fuel tank, I did find a relief valve there but it was different than the one on the swing motor. Thank's for pointing me in the right direction, I will have another look at those relief valves and take them apart.

  3. #3Per Eriksson2010-10-13 16:12

    Got any pics?

  4. #4ridgerunner2010-10-13 22:41

    I will take pictures and try to post them by the weekend, the excavator is not needed for 10 days or so and I am trying to finish the job i am on as winter is closing in on me and I have alot to do to prepare for my winter snow clearing buisness. Thank you again for responding and I am not that good with a computer so I will get the wife to help me post pictures.

  5. #5MR. KOBELCO2010-10-18 21:32

    hi ridgerunner, being a "grey market" machine i can relate on the dealers reluctance to aid you. however, did the dealer confirm that it is in fact not a supported machine in the north american market? you have specified your model but what about the serial number? YR-##### ? for any purchasing grey market units be sure to get with your deal made up front (not i promise) a o.e.m. parts catalog for the unit applicable to the serial number. http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/products/greymarketunits/Pages/greymarketunits.aspx yes, i do agree that you should take pictures of your machine and even e-mail to me personally as well. personal e-mail: [email protected] picture of the main hyd pump, swing hyd motor and also of any pilot sensors and proportional solenoid manifold valves. plus cab in and out with a clear picture of the monitor display and computer usually located under console behind the cab seat. if you call work, be sure to ask specifically for me, even have me paged. thanks. Adam Fairchild, C.F.P.S. Parts & Service Manager Robert Green Equipment Sales Ltd. 41 Cardico Drive, P.O. Box 128 Gormley, Ontario Canada L0H 1G0 ph: (905) 888-9070 fax: (905) 888-9013 mobile: (416) 896-2442 home: (905) 697-9626 personal e-mail: [email protected] e-mail: [email protected] ROBERT GREEN EQUIPMENT SALES LTD. http://www.robertgreenequipment.com KOBELCO http://www.kobelcoamerica.com/Pages/homepage.aspx KOBELCO & MDI/YUTANI CUSTOMER ONLINE PARTS CATALOG (OPC) https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php HULTDINS http://www.hultdins.com/ INDEXATOR ROTOTILT http://www.indexatornorthamerica.com/

  6. #6ridgerunner2010-10-20 01:42

    Hi MR. Kobelco Thank you for your response,The dealer was helpful in the begining, he sold me a photo copy of a SK75UR parts manual for $150.00 that appears close to my machine,the manual code # is S3YR1001 followed by a #4 with a circle arround it.The dealer was not interested in knowing my serial #.My serial # is YR02334 and is a zero swing with a straight boom not the more common offset boom and has an IZUZU engine that runs good. Anything you can tell me about my machine would be great.I am very busy at the moment and am not very good with computers,I will post pictures asap.The Kobelco is runing fine at the moment.

  7. #7MR. KOBELCO2010-10-21 21:20

    ok, i'll await your pics and when you get time give me a holler

  8. #8camb7772014-09-05 22:24

    just bought a kobelco sk75 and I REALLY need a manual for it! do you have the contact number for where u picked yours up? any help would be much appreciated.

  9. #9sizzling12024-01-17 17:30

    Did you find a manual for the Kobelco SK75?