Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Kobelco vs Link Belt

Scott_527 ยท 2016-10-20 22:39

Hey guys just a general question. If you had to pick one of the two which would it be and why? Seems like a lot of the guys around here who used to run Kobelco have jumped over to LB in the past couple years. Personally I've never run either but have heard lots of mixed reviews on each. Just curious to see what everyone says. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Kobe2016-10-21 01:01

    Kobelco is a company that builds excavators, for themselves as well as some for Case, New Holland, Yanmar, and others. I have owned two - one new and one used. Their sales numbers are not so high in N America but great machines non the less in my experience. They have recently opened a new manufacturing facility in , of all places, South Carolina making a few models so quality now should be questioned. I guess we will fine out if all the new refugees and illegals suddenly became more talented once they crossed our border. Link Belt, like most all US excavator companies, is a marketing company selling Japanese built equipment with their own paint schemes. Sumitomo builds most or all Link Belt and Case hoes. The difference in Case and LB is the paint. Sumitomo certainly builds quality machines. Case is quite popular in my area but I have never personally owned a Case.

  2. #2dirthog2016-10-21 08:49

    Kobelco's new plant in South Carolina is top notch and much like there main plant in Japan. It is very clean modern and more up to date as far as quality than anything I have seen before. Also since Kobelco has kicked out New Holland/ Fiat there service attention to detail on machine has went up 1000% or more.

  3. #3Muellermarine2016-10-26 10:20

    FYI all new case excavators are made by sumitomo corp the same company that makes linkbelt and a few others