Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

koehring 1466 backhoe

petepilot ยท 2020-03-28 23:13

did such a machine exist or did I read a number wrong? saw this machine quite a few years ago on a huge concrete pipe job between dallas & ft worth tx it was handling roughly a 12 ft. wide round bottom bucket that fit the pipe od. whether it was doing the actual ditching or just grading the ditch bottom I`m not sure but I am sure it was powered by twin 12 v detroits any one know anything about them?

Replies3
  1. #1Mother Deuce2020-03-29 07:13

    Found this...

  2. #2John C.2020-03-29 13:24

    I believe there was a 1466 but the largest I've ever had to inspect was a 1266. It had two V12 71 engines for power. This was owned by a local company.

  3. #3petepilot2020-03-29 18:51

    thanks md I was pretty sure I wasn't dreaming. I had pictures of the one I mentioned but somehow lost a 1.5 cu carton of pics when we moved here in 98.