Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Koehring C166

racingjoe66 ยท 2016-05-07 14:06

Okay guys, need some help. My late 1980's Koehring 166 sat all winter (worked perfect before parking) and the only thing I have done to it this spring (well today) is cap off the lines and 1 port for the hydraulic tamper assembly that is on it as the valve itself leaks and I don't need it. So capped it all off to remove it as it is a steady leak. Now the right track and cab swing don't work. Anyone have any experience with these? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Joe

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2016-05-07 15:00

    I'm guessing from what you're saying here that you removed a valve and capped all the lines? I would guess (it's just a guess so be careful) that it was a flow through valve and you need to connect the inlet and outlet lines rather than cap them. Not sure as I don't know what kind of pumps and valves that machine has. If you can trace the outlet line from the valve you removed and it goes to another valve bank, then I would say you need to couple them up so oil can flow to the second valve.