Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

koehring / northwest pics

john1066 ยท 2011-01-12 12:09

here are some pictures of our 2 koehrings that are restored and in working condition and 2 north wests a truck crane with a dragline and a northwest 41 shovel that was bought off of ebay from the new york state thruway

Replies24
  1. #1spitzair2011-01-12 13:37

    Nice! Are you going to restore the other shovel as well?

  2. #2john10662011-01-12 16:55

    The plan is to restore it this winter I will post more pics when it is done the 505 was just done over the last couple years

  3. #3JD450A2011-01-12 17:30

    That Draglines a Beast. What's it like to drive, I've always wanted to try one out but there becoming a rarity over here. Likewise I like the Excavator, looks like it can do a days work. Lovely machines, Better than new. the paintworks too good ***

  4. #4john10662011-01-12 18:04

    I need to take more pics but the painting alone took about 3 weeks total. I haven't run the dragline yet I meant too but I have been laid up 3 weeks.

  5. #5Buddy2011-01-14 09:59

    John Do you have a guy by the name of Willy T helping you with these machines?

  6. #6john10662011-01-14 11:13

    Willy T is running the Dragline in that picture

  7. #7Buddy2011-01-14 11:44

    I just talked to him last night. He said he was up to his arm pits in snow. LOL !! He is a good friend of mine and really knows his stuff on those old Northwest and other machines too. I wish we lived closer he has a wealth of information in his head. Good guy. Look after him , I think alot of old Willy.

  8. #8brian falcone2011-01-18 10:52

    machines looking good. that shovel appears to be in nice shape. Willy is a hell of a guy. me and my father went to his place in putnam last month looking for a flathead engine. i walked around the corner of the building expecting to get shot ! he stopped what he was doing and showed us all his machines. spent a few hours there. real nice guy. he came by my dads house a few days later to borrow a book he had. he knows more about cranes and shovels than anyone i know.hes like a walking library. brian

  9. #9Koehringman2011-02-03 19:15

    Hey, John. That 505 looks sweet! Cat or Detroit power? Can't wait to see the pics!

  10. #10john10662011-02-05 06:18

    here is one more pic of the 505 i found in my phone

  11. #11bigjohn43002011-05-15 00:03

    man id like to meet that willey guy!! i have a northwest#6 that i cant get the frictions adjusted out right, and a mechanical friction mechanic is hard to come by down here for sho

  12. #12J Dingus2012-04-07 15:22

    I saw your pix and was wondering if you knew anything about the koehring bantam s-155? just picked it up for a song and want to know more about it. Any ideas?

  13. #13john10662012-04-09 19:57

    Do you have any pictures if it we have one but it was not used much it had a hammer on it but from what I have heard it had a lot of electrical problems

  14. #14Buckethead2012-04-19 22:30

    I know it's far away from you, but for what it's worth, Gerhart Machinery in Pennsylvania rebuilds old Northwests. I would contact them, they may know who the Northwest guy is in your area. Gerhartmachinery.com

  15. #15john10662014-10-05 20:14

    The next koehring project a skoohper

  16. #1672hayes2014-10-07 20:46

    Is your Skooper on a 505? I have seen a brochure of a 205 cable rig with a hydraulic Skooper. Neat machines! Doug

  17. #17Koehringman2014-10-07 21:35

    That attachment didn't come from Vt./NY. line somewhere did it?? I want to run that when you're done!

  18. #18john10662014-10-09 20:05

    Yes it is for a 505. It was from the tv ny line. Idk if it will ever make it to a show cause of the size of it

  19. #19Koehringman2014-10-11 08:49

    Cool! Someone showed me a Skooper attachment that was resting in the woods near that area. I glad that got to you. I'll have to come and check it out next time I'm in Mass.

  20. #20qball2015-07-06 19:30

    Willy Tedesco can run an old northwest shovel or hoe smoother than most guys on new hydraulic machines. The man really knows his stuff.

  21. #21JGibson2015-07-26 21:44

    Any progress?

  22. #22SeaMac2015-07-26 22:20

    Northwest Crane and Murphy Diesel made for great combinations in machinery. Interestingly, two brothers who were my late Father's cousin's purchased and owned both Northwest and Murphy during the great depression and owned them both for many years thereafter. Northwest 41's were extremely popular and prevalent draglines 'round these parts for digging lakes and borrow pits 'til things changed in the mid-90's and most dirt contractors went with excavators and end dumps, just about the same time paddle pans and scrapers disappeared from fleets. I OP'd a thread a few years ago with a photo of an ancient NW cable shovel, neat machines, couldn't kill 'em if you tried sadly though, most around here anymore are just sitting in a yard and ever so slowly rusting away. Nothing like Old Iron, made to last!

  23. #23john10662015-12-26 21:28

    another northwest crane

  24. #24KohalaIronWerx2015-12-31 20:29

    What's the story on the Northwest 41 dipper shovel? Is it headed for restoration or up for sale as is? Would love to bring that machine as a trainer for Local 3 Operating Engineers & for use in a Green Waste Dump...