Hello, I'm looking at buying a working Koering 666E excavator for our scrap yard. I know the machine weighs in at close to 108000 lbs. I was wondering if anyone knew what size of bucket the 666E came with ?
The 866 was bigger and lists heavy duty buckets 2 1/8 to 2 1/2yd. so I'd guess the 666E would be about 1 3/4 to 2yd. heavy duty bucket. Are you looking at the Alaskan machine? I'd have it checked over real good. They probably bought it for less than half the asking price. I don't know what parts availability is like for them.
Actually yes it is the 666E At Alaskan hahaha. We know how Larry operates his business lol.... offer half the price hes asking and go from there. He buys everything at Ritchie brothers anyways It wont be walking much, it will be used for flattening cars, tearing combines apart, heavy lifting and stuff like that. It wont leave our yard weighing 100000 pounds
I think Larry passed away didn't he? I know several years ago they had a BE 300H excavator that looked in good condition listed for 20K. They bought it for 6K at RB. I'd still look into parts availability for the Koehring. I believe they used air over hydraulic controls.
Larry is still alive, my brother just talked to him on Friday. The 666D was the last year of the air over hydraulics, the 666E was the first year with full hydraulic controls like the newer style excavators.
Did Larry's family take over running Alaskan?