Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komastu WB 150 starter?

rwatkins ยท 2012-07-23 07:21

We have a 2001 wb 150 that the stater dies in. The local dealer wants 800 and change for a reman starter. Please tell me that they are crazy and theres cheaper place to find one? That just seems rediculous to me.

Replies12
  1. #1ScottAR2012-07-23 11:26

    Should be a yanmar engine. Does the starter have any numbers on it? Someone that handles Dixie or Wilson electric parts should be able to find you one.

  2. #2rwatkins2012-07-23 16:40

    Im going to pull it off tomorro am and see. Local napa said to get the number too, I havent been to the machine yet to see because its far away from all of our other jobs.

  3. #3ScottAR2012-07-23 23:43

    Did a little poking around in the catalog and came up with a Wilson #91-25-1194 fits yanmar 4tne102, 4tne106 and 4tne106T. Hitachi starter S13 series, 9tooth drive, clockwise rotation. Might give it a look to see if it's close. Wilson doesn't list a starter for Komatsu backhoes. HTH

  4. #4vit3322012-07-24 01:08

    Yanmar price for this starter is 900 http://shop.torresen.com/ships_stor...pn=129953-77019&p=numberresults&storetype=mdd

  5. #5mitch5042012-07-24 02:27

    If you can't find it cheaper than a boat store, you aren't looking. ScottAR works for Oreilly Auto Parts, try them.

  6. #6ScottAR2012-07-24 02:40

    Agreed, Marine parts are obscenely expensive... for no good reason that I can determine.

  7. #7rwatkins2012-07-24 17:56

    I foumd a marine dealer in fl. that has new ones for 309. Ill have it thursday mourning.

  8. #8ScottAR2012-07-24 19:28

    Good news! Thats about right on price too.

  9. #9vit3322012-07-25 01:44

    I suppose it is aftermarket starter..

  10. #10rwatkins2012-07-25 23:07

    its another hitachi starter.

  11. #11ScottAR2012-07-26 01:05

    I take that to mean it worked?

  12. #12vit3322012-08-03 23:38

    here it is for 357 http://www.ebay.com/itm/104-393-Rem...ries&hash=item3f0743e467&vxp=mtr#ht_897wt_905