I'm trying to figure out the model of an medium sized komatsu excavator. Owner says it's a "60", around 14,000lbs. That would make it a pc60-5? It has a metal plate with model '130' and serial number 5051-mk-11003. Can anybody help me figure out what this machine is? mike
Mike from your pictures that is a Melroe (Bobcat) plate on that Komatsu machine. If that Melroe plate is on that Komatsu, there is something fishy going on or Komatsu and Melroe had some kind of partnership, I have never heard of it. The Komatsu hoe looks like a PC60, it's not a PC130. Here is a PC130 -
The load rating chart is from the ceiling of the cab - it also says 130. It seems unlikely that it has a bobcat cab on it, right? Where *should* I find the model/serial number on this machine? Thanks.
That sure looks like a pc60 but that melroe plate is definetly bobcat ? i agree something fishy. For sure not large enough to be a 130 komatsu.
It is a PC60 for sure, but id say a -3 model. Take the S/N to your Komatsu dealer and ask them if it comes up on there system!
i ran a dash 400-3 and the font and wording on the load chart is the exact same as that..minus the melroe part. strange
I agree with CPS on it being a PC60. It's gray market and anyone could have put that decal on there at any time. The Melroe plate does not make sense either. They are just stuck on there with a couple of little rivets so it could have been changed at any time as well. I sure wouldn't trust that chart at all. Good Luck!
Thanks for the input - all of you. I spoke to a komatsu parts dealer and they told me that it's just the cab information. I'm gong to try and get the engine information to the dealer, hopefully he can help narrow down the year. I haven't seen the machine run yet, but supposedly it has a couple hydraulic leaks (rams - hopefully), and a fuel leak on the return. It needs a couple of rolls, but the tracks/chains and sprockets are in surprisingly nice shape. Of course, the cab is beat up, and the front window is smashed out. I don't know how many hours the machine has (hour meter says 1900 - yah right). It also has a wayne-roy quick detach w/a ditching/grading shovel. So the big question is.. is it worth 10k? What should I look for - for big dollar problems on this machine? I'm thinking the hydraulic pump and main pivot/planetary. It supposedly has new planetaries on both right and left track motors. How do I check the main pivot/planetary, or should I bother? Oh, the pins and boom in general are all pretty good shape. Thanks! -mike
I know the Bobcat 130 has the same undercarriage as the Komatsu PC60-5. Exactly the same build code for the final drive. Makes me wonder if Komatsu built the 130 for Bobcat at that time.
I didn't know there was a Bobcat 130 excavator, you learn something everyday. I did find the specs for the Bobcat 130 exc in the Bobcat archives. I am wondering too if Komatsu built the 130 for Bobcat.
Now I understand the 130 number in the cab. In the days when that machine was built, Komatsu built the same cab for all their machines. A PC90 cab would fit on a PC1000. It seems you cab has been replaced with another one at some point in its history.
60. -5 at latest.
Makes you wonder if this was not originally a Bobcat 130, made by Komatsu, that somebody thought it would be easier to sell as a Komatsu than a Bobcat and painted it Komatsu colors? Since it has a Melroe plate and the capacity chart says "Consult your Melroe dealer for load rating changes if equipped differently."
The engine is a komatsu, and I believe the back of the machine had komatsu indented. I'm thinking that the cab was actually scabbed from some other compatible machine. Do you think the load ratings in the cab are close to this machines ability?
Seems to me like the machine you are looking at is a bobcat machine painted in komatsu colours. Bobcat sold komatsu machines under licence when they first got into excavators. The line up had a few models in it.
We used to have a Bobcat 116, which was built by Komotsu. Was a PC40-6. This was before Bobcat built ther own machines. The 130 was Bobcats designation, I beleive it was a PC 70 size machine. Ours was bought in 1989. The bobcats were painted white with orange, this must be a repaint. Kimbal and Cocaran on Rt 26 in Poland Maine has or had one, still painted white.They are just south of the new high school, same side.