I have a 200lc-3 that I just got about a month ago. After using it for about 3 hrs it gets up to top bar before red. Another hr and it goes to red. I can set bucket down and break for about 15 minutes and it comes back down to 2 bars below red. I start again and it takes 45 minutes to get back red. The olss cylinder is not hooked up. It has throttle cable hooked up directly. I have cleaned hyd and water radiator fins. Does the hydraulic cooler cause the radiator to overheat. I don't run it full throttle it works good at about 1/2 to 3/4 unless I'm digging up a big pine stump. When it gets to red it bounces back and forth to 1 bar below and back to red. If I continue to use it'll go to top red and warning light blinks. Could a hydraulic filter cause the problem. Engine runs great and everything works good except olss 3 stage. Oh yeah the radiator overflow jar has a hole in bottom where a low coolant sensor is missing. Would it run cooler with or without therostat. I dont think it pulls enough air thru radiators or hydraulics are overheating because it dont seem to get hot untill cylinders get hot. Thanks for any advise.
Make sure the fan belt is tight and not slipping.Is the fan pulling air through or pushing through radiator.Someone may have put the fan in backwards. Make sure you can see light through out all out all of the radiator and hydrualic fins.Put a drop light or flash light with the help from a friend to check it out.Make sure the foam is around the radiator for proper air flow.It not would run cooler with out the termostat out.Plug the hole in the overflow bottle with a nut and blt for the time being and fill to proper level .Make sure anti freeze has the right mix 50/50.
Look for a plate under the house that is just below the radiator and hydraulic oil coolers. If I remember correctly the Dash 3 machine didn't have one but the Dash 5 machines did. Debris gets in between the two components and has no where to go. You blow the stuff out of the hydraulic oil cooler with air or pressure washer and all it does is sit at the bottom of the two units. Start the engine again and the debris is pulled back up into the radiator fins and blocks the air all over again. I have a half inch pipe with a drilled plug on one end and a butterfly valve on the other for my compressor which usually breaks up the debris some allowing it to pass. For really bad units I've made an extension for my shop vac and stuck it down between the coolers to try and pull out crud. This is the most common issue and cheapest to repair. There are other issues that can cause overheating by the hydraulic system but they take gauges and knowledge of the hydraulic system to be able to interpret and fix. Good Luck!
Thanks tool-king and John C. I've been looking over the post on the forum and it looks like both of you know alot about these machines. After tool-king posted a reply today I went to check the seals at radiator. There was foam added around oil cooler and radiator but it was all out of place. I used some contact spray [3m] and cut the foam to fit better. the top between rad and oil cooler was open. I sealed sides and top, then I used it for about 3 hr and the temp never even got up to mid way. The weather was cooler today but I think the seals around radiator will solve my problem. John I did notice some trash at bottom between rad and cooler but it was so very little. I will take a better look at that tomorrow. Everything sure works good with the temp cooler. I will probably have lots more questions as I get used to this machine. Thanks again.
you are welcome papa_twebb.I have see a lot of things like the foam missing or misplaced.Let me know if you need any other info on other machines you may have.