Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu 210-10

Rooster75 · 2026-04-06 21:35

My machine is deleted. On occasion it surges, makes a “flapping” noise out exhaust stack. Puffs black smoke and then levels out and runs fine. Also just recently replaced turbo

Replies6
  1. #1Rooster752026-04-06 21:39

    >

  2. #2HarleyHappy2026-04-07 09:44

    Sticking valve, would be my guess. Any way to read the boost pressure?

  3. #3Simon C2026-04-07 10:24

    Has something come apart in exhaust. Has happened before. Does it have a wastegate problem. Simon C

  4. #4Rooster752026-04-07 21:49

    I don’t remember seeing a way to check boost in monitor but I can look tomorrow and also check my book.

  5. #5Rooster752026-04-07 21:53

    I don’t think it’s an exhaust issue but stranger things have happened. It has done this a few times but seems since new turbo the duration is very short compared to before it would act up for several minutes. Now just maybe 30 seconds to a minute and it clears up. May do it again in few minutes but don’t last long

  6. #6Rooster752026-04-07 21:54

    I’m wondering if it’s egr valve. Didn’t block it off when deleted but we may be doing that shortly