Hey guys I wanted opinions on a machine I have and if I should sell it or keep it. I’ve been looking for a excavator to de stump about 25 acres and clean up up some areas on my 210 acre farm. So after a year of looking I found a 99 komatsu 220-6 with 8800 hrs. Had it looked over and ran it for about 30 min with no issues. The komatsu tech measured the under carriage at 70% and over all gave it clean bill of health. So I Paid $26,000 for it and took it to my farm. First 15 min It quit running found it was a fuel switch. Then it started derating due to notched pullies cutting my fan belts and it getting hot. I couldn’t figure out why it was throwing belts as I’d never seen a notched pulley in 14 years of running skidsteer and mini x for a living. So I paid TEC to come diagnose and while they where there fix a few other issues like pilot control leaks etc. they sent me a $5000.00 bill and I about pooped my self. So I’m in the machine 32,000 after servicing it my self. The cons battery light and oil light stay on. There is no air Hr meter quit illuminating on the display Saturday. So my question is do I sell the machine for $26,000 (if worth that ) and cut my losses or these pretty solid machines and if I take it easy it should ( not guarantee) to give me any major issues to keep around the farm for projects
No replies yet.