can anyone explained the torque flow transmission. I've ran a d65-12 with that transmission. I've also ran a dresser with some variation of it. Td15e. Seems like a traditional setup with a two speed or a hydraulic variable drive between the finals and the steering clutches. Just wondering how they actually work.
I could be wrong, but what I recall about the Kommie D65-12 is they're a standard powershift transmission, but instead of typical set up of bevel gears to make the right angle output to the steer clutch shafts that rig has a gearbox, can't recall what it's called, but that gearbox is what allows you to counter-rotate the tracks with the drive stick in the neutral position.
I don't remember being able to counter rotate. Maybe I just never tried. It feels like the turn under power is variable hydrostatic on the d65. Td15e shifts like a two speed. Seems like a lot of shifting to just drive down a road.
As I recall the Komatsu dozers that had an EX or PX in the model designations where the ones with the hydraulic motor that would cause a variation in the speed of each track when turning. I don't recall the TD15 having the two speed steering. The larger TD's had a planetary setup in the steering that had brake disks that would lock or unlock a planetary to get the two speeds.