Hello, people in the U.S. I am here in ecuador and need some advise. We are trying to figure out why the brake fluid resevoir leaks out completely in 2 days and I think itis going into the front axle, where the brakes are. What is a good way to test it and how much trouble is it to repair? We have no certified mechanics here so it looks like I might have to do it myself. Thanks for any info you can share. Carlos
I haven't worked on one of that model of loader but all the others I have worked on had brakes on all the wheels. The usual check would be to check the level in the axles and see if they are over full after the brake fluid level was low. Is this machine a hydrostatic drive or does it have a torque converter and power shift transmission?
Thanks foryour reply. The loader is a 2005 model, hydrostatic drive. The owner has had this machine worked on several times. A year ago he took it in and had the brake discs replaced. The brakes are assisted by a small hydraulic motor. No air pressure on the machine.the brake disc is in the differential to the left and right of the driveline front and back. There is a brake line coming from thebrake valve into the differential housing for each brake disc. It is hard to tell about lube levels because everything leaks a little. Perhaps this is a job for the big boys with a well equipped shop.
It is probably not something I would recommend taking on without a service manual and some prior study.
Its a regular problem with that loader. I pressure check each brake separately with a hand pump..
Thank you for your reply. I agree with both of you. This machine has been worked on a whole lot but has never been fixed correctly. I told the guy we would check with a hand pump. He said they do not exist. He also told me that 90 weight gear oil is equivalent to komatsu tranny fluid. So he filled the tranny with gear oil. Time to go home. Case closed.
???!!!