hi guys. i have KOMATSU motor Grader GD705A-4 powered by KOMATSU 6D125 Engine.. i have repair engine 3 times with new parts of MCBee USA... engines rings and liner down withing 6 months or 8 months... please help regarding this issue.. thankyou..
hello, explain what you mean with down? what is the damage? what do you see or hear when the engine is running? bad starting performance?
Sounds like an air filtration issue if you're losing compression, my best guess from your "rings and liners" description.
Is it just one cylinder giving grief? Or all 6?
Engine blows.. Engine blows...withinh six months.. How much engine oil pressure is suitable for this engine..??
down means engine blows.. egine down means engine blows... or back.. ring and liner expire and burning engine oil..6 to 10 liter in 8 hours working...
engine oil burning 8Ltrs in eight hours.. engine oil burning 6 to 8 ltrs during 8hours working..
if you have replaced liners and piston rings three times and we assume the job was done correctly. i should search somewhere else. What was the originally reason to dissemble the engine? have you replaced only liners and piston rings? was engine completely checked and repaired?
I'm not real familiar with the 6D125 and would venture to guess most concerns I would have, your mechanic has already looked into. What did the compressor wheel like on the turbo? Was it "sandblasted"? That would suggest the engine is getting dusted. Have you ever noticed a diesel smell to the oil? You could have a cylinder getting washed down from an injector problem. Wouldn't be all 6 though. A liter an hour is serious oil consumption. I wonder if a lot of that is going out the crankcase vent? I wonder if Interstate McBee has had a bad batch? I wonder if a "dropped liner" in those engines can cause oil consumption? Any chance a machine screw in the oiling system could have been replaced by a bolt, that could cause an internal leak? I wonder if that engine has piston oilers. One plugged piston oiler can take an engine out fast.
And Both rings and liners came from McBee? Only reason I ask, I know years ago a few mechanics told me with Cat engines, use only Cat rings with Cat liners and aftermarket rings with aftermarket liners (we were using Union Tractor at the time). If they weren't matched on the Cat engines, wear was a problem. I wonder if somebody's mismatched because of lack of availability. Anyways, that was simply an experience years ago pertaining to Cat 3406's and 3306's. There wasn't anything wrong with aftermarket, just couldn't mix the two.
Komatsu like Cat uses hardened liners that are matched to the rings as stated above. I've done about a dozen of those engines and never had an issue with OEM parts. The motors last so long it just isn't worth trying to save pennies on parts buried that deep in the engine.