First off Google search sucks these days. Can't find anything. I am looking for a tilt or dump cylinder for a 2000 era Komatsu WB140-2 for front bucket. Leaking bad. Maybe rod is damaged. I don't know. I could repack but I am looking to minimize down time. so looking for drop in replacement. Need the correct part number for this cylinder and a place to buy it. Used in good condition OK. Last fall I had a horrible time paying a professional service to repack an arm cylinder in Connecticut. It took two months and over $2000. They replaced the rod (unclear if necessary). So looking for drop in replacement. Also if anyone has a Komatsu wb140 parts catalog as a PDF feel free to send me a link. I don't have the time to repeat the ******** of last fall! If anybody is parting out a wb140 let me know.
I can suggest a place that rebuilds cylinders here in CT. I was happy with their work. For reference it was $1400 to have a Caterpillar cylinder rebuilt. New tube made, new piston and rod. The cylinder is about 5 feet long. I am curious the pace in CT you were not happy with. Want to make sure I avoid them.
Lot of info out there. WB140-2N S/N A20637-UP parts Komatsu Part catalog k-part.777parts.org Looks like the hydraulics are on this page---> https://k-part.777parts.org/catalog/komatsu/wb1402n1/h-000/ https://www.heydownloads.com/product/komatsu-wb140-2n-wb150-2n-backhoe-loader-service-repair-manual-pdf-download/ Komatsu WB140-2 SN 140F10001-Up Parts manual back hoe loader This Komatsu WB140-2 SN 140F10001-Up Parts manual back hoe loader is a must-have for all operators and maintenance personnel. It contains detailed illustrations and step-by-step instructions to help you with any repair or maintenance procedure. Plus, it's compatible with all Windows and Mac... repairsadvisor.com Komatsu WB140 Parts Manual: Your Go-To Resource for Equipment Maintenance in the USA | keto.sites.umassd.edu And a lot of it is probably useless too. Joe H
You just need to look in the right place. This may or may not be the correct cylinder. It is specific to your serial number. https://llk-parts.ru/#?k=!0!8!19!252!278
I'd rather not trash talk them on a public forum because I still use them for hoses and stuff. I can private message you if you want. but it is an established shop in SE CT near Norwich. What I could see is the owner is old and the employees are old and they are understaffed and overwhelmed with work. It took them at least two months last fall to rebuild my backhoe arm cylinder. They dropped the cylinder in their shop when it was completed breaking a welded fitting off requiring them take it all apart and reweld the fitting which required additional time My rebuild cost $2000 + 2 custom pins at $200 each since I needed to cut the pins to get the cylinder out. The custom pins seem to be performing well but the cost and more importantly the time it took for the rebuild were at par with what a used cylinder would have cost with far less time. What my hope was that by sending the cylinder to a shop they could do it in a week or two. Not over two months. Who do you use? Maybe I'll send my bucket cylinder to them. The rod should be good unless it has a subtle bend. Willing to pay in the $400-500 or more range for a repacking if they can do it in a week or two rather than TWO MONTHS!
I believe it is 395078012 based on the picture. Thanks. Not the one you linked but close. It is really weird to me that the only sites that show part numbers and drawings are Russian. I wouldn't get an old Komatsu backhoe simply because affordable used parts in the USA seem so hard to find. Case seems a better bet for that reason alone. The WB140-2 is a strong machine but used parts online for sale in the USA seems impossible to find. Google search doesn't help because it returns a bunch of unrelated parts in different countries. I don't have an account with a Komatsu dealer but from what I have heard new OEM parts are extremely expensive. I am kind of surprised there are apparently no aftermarket hydraulic cylinders for Komatsu backhoes in the US. One would think there would be new old stock sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
@morpheos137 I sent you a PM.
Komatsu backhoes were never that popular. I think mostly because Case, JD, Ford, etc. and even Cat were well established when Komatsu tried to break into the market. As far as expensive parts, nobody seems to have a monopoly on them, they all do!
Haven't thought of sealing it yourself? Lot of info here about how to do it, it ain't rocket science. This is way too easy, seal kit on Amazon for $54 https://www.amazon.com/878000492-Backhoe-Komatsu-WB140-2-WB150PS-2/dp/B00V3ES3JW You have the gland to remove, #3 which they call a cylinder head and #6 big ass nut are the only difficult part of the job. Joe H