Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu-Cummins parts

Bala ยท 2011-09-08 18:39

Can I get engine parts for komatsu Excavators from Cummins ordering by description or do i have to get them through Komatsu. Ie new turbo for PC300-8 Engine-SAA6D114E-3 Im on a remote Island so I need to know that the parts will fit when I get them. Cheers max

Replies4
  1. #1Tony2011-09-09 10:55

    You need to order your Komatsu Engine parts for the newer excavators from a Komatsu dealer. It's a Komatsu engine in your 300-8, not a Cummins, and there are several differences between the two. In addition, should something go wrong with the turbo, you'll have a better shot at parts warranty via Komatsu. What island are you on? I can give you the info for your nearest dealer distributor. Thanks, Tony

  2. #2Bala2011-09-09 15:43

    Thanks Tony, That exactly what I needed to know, I am on one of the many Islands off Papua New Guinea, I have dealers and plenty of suppliers avail just needed that question answered. much appreciated. Max

  3. #3John C.2011-09-09 23:15

    That engine is a Cummins 6CT but the bolt on parts usually have some differences. I have not had much luck trying to get anything out of Cummins that work on the engines installed in the Komatsu. I suppose a head or crankshaft might interchange but Komatsu pretty much made it very hard to get parts anywhere else. Good Luck!

  4. #4Bala2011-09-10 05:53

    Thanks John, I will not even try cummins, just wanted to check