Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D 75S-3 manifold heater

Mark Meister ยท 2017-10-29 19:05

I just bought this crawler about 2 wks. ago and I went over today to fire it up and she wouldn't light. Blueish white smoke out of the stack but not even a pop it also has a float tank which I've heard can be troublesome with starting but the PO said he recently cleaned it. It has a Cummins NTO 220 with a manifold heater on it but does not work and is supposed to be used in conjunction with the hand pump that atomizes the fuel but that doesn't work either. I have the parts manual and the service manual but there's barely a mention of the manifold heater there's a picture but that's all they give you. I guess my question is should I just buy a block heater for it or should I fix the manifold heater ? I'm only familiar with Mack diesel motors so I would just plug them in at night, thank you for what info you can give. Mark

Replies0

No replies yet.