Hello, I recently purchased a D20p-6, s/n 64879. Could someone tell me what year it is? Also I seem to be dumping fuel into to engine crankcase. Any suggestions on common failures or where to look? I Just changed oil and filter and it seems to run good. Thanks
Hard to start but runs OK would be injector nozzles.
Thank you for the input. I forgot to mention that the primer pump was leaking really bad. I replaced it but have not run it since. I would assume there is an oil seal between it and the engine?
The primer pump is attached to the lift pump so did you get that complete assembly. There is a full rebuild kit for those pumps and the parts are the same as Bosh. A few years ago I got one, cost $ 6 AU plus $13 for delivery and 30 minutes to do the job. I'd be inclined to run the dozer and park it in the exact same place so you can accurately see what's happening with the oil level and go from there.