Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu d21

rcg · 2020-08-12 08:43

Hi Could someone provide me some guidance on how to troubleshoot my d21. Not steering, when I pull back the levers the engine stalls? I did had to a blown Blade cylinder Gasket at one time so I’m not sure if the hydraulic system has air. (not sure they are related also does anyone know of a trustworthy mechanic in the houston area Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042020-08-12 21:51

    Well, we will need at least the dash number to start with, serial number too, preferably. There are at least 7 series of D21s. I guess it is at least a -6 or older.

  2. #2rcg2020-08-13 15:45

    Hi guru Mitch I have a d21a-5. Serial number 50775. Dozer is an older one but the motor and transmission work really good . The dozer did set for about awhile 6 months. It stared with the right side. Now it won’t steer. I think It all stared after my cylinder leak. But I’m not 100% sure the dozer did sit for a while. I hope it’s not a very difficult think to fix. I ca. Work on cars but I’m not really familiar with the hydraulic systems. Or what makes the dozer steers Thanks in advance. C

  3. #3Krackerjack92020-08-26 04:32

    most likely the clutches are stuck, when you pull back is almost to your chest, there is a link on here to the smaller komatus dozers I will post it once it find it again

  4. #4Krackerjack92020-08-26 04:34

    go to the next page over and you will see it for komatsu smaller dozers theres 133 pages of great info these d20 and 21s are great once you get them running right, I doubt the hydraulics has anything to due with your steering issue, HeavyEquipmentForums