My pinion shaft bearings are bad so I'm trying to figure out what size socket I need to order for the nut on the inside of the pinion shaft flange that the clutch drum bolts to. Its referred to as the first pinion shaft in the final drive part of the manual. I think its a 54mm but before I order it I'd like to know for sure. Anybody know? Thanks
Although I have metric sockets in that size, I seldom get them out and use my inch stuff on them. Anything over a 1 1/2" or so the socket will be plenty close enough. I'd say a 2 1/8" socket would be just fine and a lot easier to find(borrow). If you own a dozer, you may as well join the toolaholic club and start filling up that box or boxes!
Yes 2 1/8 is about the same as 54mm. That is what I measured for the nut, do you happen to know for sure that the correct socket is a 2 1/8? I measured the nut but its pretty tough to get a good measurement. Thanks
No I don't have the size, I seldom work on Komatsu but maybe someone else will post in. You may as well start scouring Craigslist and such for socket sets and wrenches!