Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D31 transmission slipping

Marmed ยท 2013-01-23 21:23

Recently purchased a D31Q-17 track loader. It seems as if it doesn't have much pushing power, with even the slightest grade it won't go forward unless in 1st gear. Sometimes I will have to coax a turn a little at a time, turning sharp can stop the tracks completely. I don't have manuals. Hoping someone can guide me through changing the trans filter. Maybe it could be as simple as that. I checked the three dipsticks under the seat while engine cold the oil looks clean and full, if not a little overfilled (half quart). Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Marmed2013-02-23 14:23

    Anybody? Anybody?

  2. #2MrKomatsu2013-02-24 10:20

    i would start with the transmission suction screen.....

  3. #3Marmed2013-02-24 10:57

    I'm assuming this would be under the belly, is there a pan (similar to a car)? Drain oil, clean screen, refill? Are the brakes somehow part of this? My right brake seemed to get worse all about the same time I started losing power.