Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu d31p-16

montman ยท 2013-10-16 13:23

Hi All In my manual it shows SAE 30 engine oil to be used in the Engine/Hydroshift/Transfer case and Final drive do you think this is OK. Also it shows SAE 10 engine oil to be used in the Hydraulic tank again do you think this is OK. Did these dozers use engine oil for everything seems a bit strange to me I would have thought it would have used an hydraulic oil in the hydraulic system and an EP gear oil in the Final drive has anyone used other oils in them. Also the capacity it says I can't make out whether it is a sign to indicate Litres or US quarts, I am in the UK. Help greatly appreciated. Mike

Replies2
  1. #1bob4552013-10-16 20:37

    We recommend EP gear lube in the finals after you get some hours on machine! And for the transfer case stick with 30 or 15/40.

  2. #2montman2013-10-17 03:42

    Thanks bob455 would that be EP 90 gear oil, what do you think about the hydraulic oil stick with engine oil or use an hydraulic oil. I am new to the forum and this is only my second post, had lots of views but only your reply from both posts is it that people do not know that much about the smaller dozers or am I posting it in the wrong place or has this subject been covered before and I should be looking for the answers somewhere else.