Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

komatsu d32e thoughts?

ragerider ยท 2018-04-12 14:17

So I'm looking for a small dozer and I found a mid 90's komatsu d32e with forestry package meter shows 2600 hours which cant be correct needs cutting edge and I would rate the under carriage at 50% I got the price down to $7000 and I think that's a pretty good price. Any thoughts? also what is the recommended fluids for the trans and hydraulic fluids?

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2018-04-14 00:16

    If I remember correctly the used to be a TD7 Dresser. The 31 and 37 were Komatsu machines and the TD7 became a 32 and the TD9 became the 39. I don't remember what the TD8 became or maybe it was dropped. Fifty percent at 2600 hours seems about right. A lot of these machines just sat around when the excavators came on scene. Does it have a Cummins engine. $7,000 is a heck of a price if you can find people to run them.

  2. #2ragerider2018-04-15 20:44

    Yea it has a 3.9 Cummins I made the deal $7000 cash delivered to my house im really happy it has limb risers and a rear screen I guess this was a forestry package. Runs and works great i called the local komatsu dealer and they ran the serial number its a 98 im very happy with the price I paid but tax time in here and he needed money asap

  3. #3John C.2018-04-15 23:11

    Congratulations on your purchase. Good Luck

  4. #4CavinJim2018-04-15 23:49

    It didn't happen without photos....

  5. #5ragerider2018-04-16 15:50