Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu d41p final drive disassembly

davecampbell ยท 2020-08-08 16:20

I got the pinion shaft out but I'm having trouble getting the sprocket shaft out. Does it take a press?

Replies9
  1. #1epirbalex2020-08-08 18:52

    You may be able to purchase the whole unit second hand without having to pull that one apart .

  2. #2davecampbell2020-08-08 19:27

    Id love that. It would go back together pretty quick if I had that. I have jobs waiting, so time equals money

  3. #3Jgm2020-08-09 11:42

    It going to have to be pressed out

  4. #4davecampbell2020-08-09 18:41

    Thanks, Ill try to find a place that has a big enough press to do it.

  5. #5davecampbell2020-08-11 11:24

    Got timkin numbers off of the bearings, that will save me some $$

  6. #6davecampbell2020-08-11 11:25
  7. #7davecampbell2020-08-14 18:20

    I ended up buying a dozer with a bad trans and robbed the final off of it.

  8. #8Don Shilling2020-08-14 22:16

    Excellent idea! It never hurts to have spare parts on hand.

  9. #9Jgm2020-08-15 06:46

    Good idea