Just bought a nice D41s, haven't even started the work I bought it for, and today it steered/ran perfect down to the worksite, then just stopped responding to depressing the steering pedals. Turned off the machine, checked hydraulic oil, turned it back on, and it turned going back up the hill, went about 30 ft, and stopped responding again. I am stumped. I have ordered an operator manual but it's not due to arrive for several days. This thing runs great, shifts fine in forward and reverse. Any help is appreciated.
Most likely you will need a workshop manual that covers your serial number . Even then their can be differences between the manual and the machine .
Does your machine have a valve like mine in the center with two spools and 2 hardlines? When you press the steer pedals does the brake come on but machine drive straight through it.. Engine loads down but no turn..?
yes
I recently had a customer that has a d63 dozer that would do the same thing pulled the steering valve down found a small piece of metal in one of the spools resealed it and put it together and it has been doing great