Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu D51PX-22 tracking problems

Danfromcomo ยท 2024-12-30 17:54

Hello guys, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I finally got the contaminated hydraulic oil out and have replaced all hydraulic filters and the small filters in the block on the HST, I also pulled the strainer from the tank that supplies the charge filter. I have completed the bleeding process as described in the manual but I have been unable to get the right side motor to turn. If I feather the brake, I can get that side it to turn slightly but thats it. When i first got it back together and filled with fresh fluid, It would not move at all, then after lots of F-N-R, the left track started operating. We pulled the cover off the final drive housing and cracked the lines to "bleed" them but that hasn't worked either. Any ideas on how to get the right side to function again? SN B11523 Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

Replies4
  1. #1Danfromcomo2025-01-02 15:20

    Maybe I should have said right side not operating. Anybody have any suggestions?

  2. #2Danfromcomo2025-01-06 10:41

    ?

  3. #3Marcrus2025-01-18 03:13

    Tow valve not open? Park brake going off on that side ? Is the pump for that side making any flow ?

  4. #4Danfromcomo2025-05-06 11:07

    Ok, I'm back at it on this machine and am about to sell it for scrap. Replaced some small orings on the blocks on the top of the hydraulic pump and then tested. At first the right track was real slow to respond and i heard a couple popping sounds like when a track tries to jump off (that was not the case) then it gradually started catching up to the left track speed and operated pretty good for about 45 minutes. Then it started slowing again and eventually got to where the right track will barely move forward or back. So i thought that it must have been after something (oil or motor) warmed up and I figured after sitting overnight it would operate properly. Well, I was wrong again! Tried it this morning and it would not operate right away. I also was getting a DLM3KB HST Fan Speed warning. It was on at first yesterday then I shut off and restarted the machine and it stayed off the entire time i operated it. Today it came on as soon as I fired it up. Anybody have anything similar happen that I may gain some ideas from?