Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu d58p motor

John McDaniel · 2023-01-17 21:21

I have a good tractor near me that is really straight has excellent undercarriage looks to be a real good machine Here’s the bad shot a rod out the side of the block Where would be a good place to get a motor for one of these or is there other komatsus that use this same motor it is a komatsu motor forsure

Replies5
  1. #1John C.2023-01-18 20:53

    You are likely to need to provide more information than that. Full model number, serial number and such is a start. Will need to know if gray market or not.

  2. #2John McDaniel2023-01-18 21:30

    Will have to get it tomorrow if the guy is around I will get it just trying to see if it would be worth buying and making while again or leave it where it’s at

  3. #3coalrulz2023-01-18 21:38

    From what I am able to find D58P-1 was equipped with a 6D125E-2 engine. Is your engine equipped with a turbo? Other Komatsu models that used the engine include: D53A/P-17 130hp 452lbf-ft torque 6D125-2 Non Turbo D58E/P-1 130hp 468lbf-ft torque 6D125-2 Non Turbo D65E-12 175hp 589lb-ft torque 6D125-2 Non Turbo D65EX/PX-12 188hp 723lb-ft torque S6D125-2 Turbo D75S-5 203hp 679lb-ft torque S6D125-2 Turbo D85A-21 225hp 752lb-ft torque S6D125-2 Turbo D87E/P-2 233hp 736 lb-ft torque S6D125-2 Turbo PC400-6 306hp 892 lb-ft torque SAA6D125-2 Turbo and Air to air aftercooled If you are going the route of finding an engine out of another machine the D53 looks to be a close match.

  4. #4John McDaniel2023-01-18 21:47

    Thank you and just by memory I’m sure I saw a turbo I think I can buy the tractor for 4000 bucks only reason I’m looking into I mean who doesn’t need a big chunk of iron like that

  5. #5John McDaniel2023-01-18 21:49

    also it must be a later model machine it has the twist handle for selecting gears like the later d43s and all had