Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu d61 ex 12

walker1975 ยท 2026-07-16 22:10

I have a d61ex12. Great dozer. When I got it the alternator/battery light flashes when it's running. I just figuelred it was a bad alternator. Had a chance to check it out today and the exciter wire isn't getting voltage when it's running. I've been looking but getting conflicting information. Can anyone point me in the right direction about where to look to solve this problem. I'm worried it's the gauge cluster but those are stupid expensive

Replies4
  1. #1Simon C2026-07-17 00:11

    I would not throw a nickel at it without looking at its schematic to see what feeds the alternator excitation power on. More testing needed. Simon C

  2. #2walker19752026-07-19 13:52

    Does anyone have a good wiring diagram or a direction to point me in? I've checked all fuses. Best I can tell it routes through the starter solenoid safety somehow

  3. #3reganj2026-07-19 20:10

    Provide the PIN/VIN Product Identification Number/Vehicle Identification Number and some of the smart folk on here will provide the info you require. VIN is for cars and trucks and PIN is for others unless I am mistaken.

  4. #4walker19752026-07-19 20:12

    B1519 is the SN. It's a d61ex 12. Made from 2000- 2004