Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu d61 hydraulic leak help!!!!!!

Drtdigger4 ยท 2011-04-14 20:55

I have a 05 komatsu d61 that I've been fighting a hydraulic leak. I got a line that keeps loosening itself off Has anyone run across this problem before. The line is on right hand side of cab right behind the plate that's beside the seat this line has fought me for months now. I tighten it an a day or two later it loosens up and goes to leaking again any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Replies5
  1. #1willie592011-04-14 21:29

    Hmm, that is unusual. I have seen hoses/lines make a kind of vibration from various causes, but rarely have I seen a line continually work itself loose. Can you post a pic of problem fitting?

  2. #2John C.2011-04-14 21:49

    What size hose and fitting is it. I would bet that someone has changed the hose and has a US JIC fitting on the end. The Komatsu fitting have a different angle of flare and they basically lock so tight they can't come loose. If I remember right the #6 size fitting will screw right onto the #4 size JIS fitting.

  3. #3willie592011-04-14 21:54

    Yeah, and a local auto parts hose shop person could easily not recognize a JIS fitting and instead fab a hose with JIC fitting. Oops.

  4. #4Drtdigger42011-04-15 07:21

    It's a flat type fitting with an o-ring seal but ya I'll get a picture of it today

  5. #5bigway432011-06-28 12:25

    loctite??? metric fittings as well